Iraqi Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr meets crown prince on rare visit to Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia reopened its embassy in Baghdad in 2015 following a 25-year break, and in February, Saudi foreign minister Adel al-Jubeir made a rare visit to Baghdad.
Sadr, an anti-American Shia leader, commands a large following among the urban poor of Baghdad and the southern cities, including Saraya al-Salam, or Peace Brigades militia.
He met the powerful Saudi Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman, in the Red Sea port city of Jeddah and discussed issues of common interest, SPA reported.
- Rice charity by Saudi Arabia draws ire in Pakistan03:08 PM | 12 May, 2021
- #WestandwithGaza, PM Imran reiterates support to Palestinians amid ...01:18 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Mariyam Nafees shares pictures from her Dua-e-Khair11:51 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat shares an adorable throwback picture09:01 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021