Iraqi Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr meets crown prince on rare visit to Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia reopened its embassy in Baghdad in 2015 following a 25-year break, and in February, Saudi foreign minister Adel al-Jubeir made a rare visit to Baghdad.
Sadr, an anti-American Shia leader, commands a large following among the urban poor of Baghdad and the southern cities, including Saraya al-Salam, or Peace Brigades militia.
He met the powerful Saudi Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman, in the Red Sea port city of Jeddah and discussed issues of common interest, SPA reported.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020