Cement prices likely to go up by Rs. 35/bag in upcoming budget
LAHORE (Web Desk) – Cement prices are likely to go up by Rs. 35 per bag as the government has decided to increase Federal Excise Duty (FED) on the sector in the upcoming budget.
According to sources, the government is considering an increase in excise duty on various items in the upcoming budget. The current excise duty on a bag of cement is Rs. 21.
Market analysts have warned that the growth of construction sector will be affected if the cost goes up.
Pakistan is self-sufficient in the production of cement as over 30 million tonne production is recorded annually out of which around 70 lac tonne is exported.
Cement Manufacturers Association, on the other hand, have called for tax relief in the 2016-17 fiscal year.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran chairs CCI meeting in Islamabad02:30 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Disney's Mulan set for a digital release on September 405:18 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020