Cement prices likely to go up by Rs. 35/bag in upcoming budget
According to sources, the government is considering an increase in excise duty on various items in the upcoming budget. The current excise duty on a bag of cement is Rs. 21.
Market analysts have warned that the growth of construction sector will be affected if the cost goes up.
Pakistan is self-sufficient in the production of cement as over 30 million tonne production is recorded annually out of which around 70 lac tonne is exported.
Cement Manufacturers Association, on the other hand, have called for tax relief in the 2016-17 fiscal year.
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- WAPDA opens jobs for locals in Gilgit-Baltistan10:59 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Railways introduces two new trains10:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020