Cement prices likely to go up by Rs. 35/bag in upcoming budget
According to sources, the government is considering an increase in excise duty on various items in the upcoming budget. The current excise duty on a bag of cement is Rs. 21.
Market analysts have warned that the growth of construction sector will be affected if the cost goes up.
Pakistan is self-sufficient in the production of cement as over 30 million tonne production is recorded annually out of which around 70 lac tonne is exported.
Cement Manufacturers Association, on the other hand, have called for tax relief in the 2016-17 fiscal year.
- Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves fall below $8 billion11:16 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- WWF-Pakistan hosts international conference to tackle fisheries ...10:52 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Al-Ghazi Tractors launches 2023 models in Pakistan10:39 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist in Peshawar IBO10:18 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- PAKvBAN – Pakistan to take on Bangladesh in tri-series opener ...10:00 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Tuba Anwar's latest fun reels win the internet08:37 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Uorfi Javed slams Shehnaaz Gill for supporting #MeToo accused Sajid ...06:33 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Abdullah Qureshi bids farewell to music for religious reasons03:45 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022