Pakistan issues $1 billion Sukuk bonds
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Tuesday issued $1 billion Sukuk bonds to investors.
According to the Ministry of Finance, Sukuk bonds have been issued for a seven-year tenure for the first time under the Trust Certificates Programme.
The ministry says that investors from Asia, Middle East, America and Europe showed interest in the Sukuk bonds. The ministry says that it received $2.7 billion offers for the bonds.
Last month, Pakistan raised $1 billion with asset-backed Sukuk bond, offering the highest ever interest rate of 7.95 percent on this Islamic bond.
The move marked re-entry of the South Asian country into the Islamic-dominated Sukuk bond market at a time when its foreign reserves have dropped by $2 billion to nearly $17 billion in the past two weeks due to debt repayments.
Pakistan raises $1 billion through Sukuk bond 06:29 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has raised $1 billion with 7-year tenor asset-backed Sukuk bond, offering the highest ever ...
- India’s first PM Jawaharlal Nehru’s statue vandalised by Hindutva ...11:02 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Leaked phone call allegedly between Malik Riaz and Asif Zardari goes ...10:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- PropTech: the inevitable digitization of real estate in Pakistan10:28 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Hareem Farooq celebrates birthday in style06:22 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022