Turkey’s ruling party gains majority
The party leads Sunday’s general elections with 50 percent of the votes, results reported by the semi-official Anadolu Agency showed.
The AK Party is followed by the centre-left Republican People’s Party (CHP) with 24.6 of the votes, far-right Nationalist Action Party (MHP) with 11.9 percent and the pro-Kurdish left-wing Peoples’ Demcoratic Party (HDP) with 10.1 percent.
With these results, AK Party is predicted to claim 319 seats in the 550-seat parliament, chased by CHP with 130 seats, HDP with 57 seats and MHP with 44 seats. Parties need to secure 276 seats to govern the country alone.
More than 54 million people were registered to vote at some 175,000 stations and the participation rate stood at 86.1 percent.
- PM Imran, President Alvi extend felicitations to Muslims on Eid ...11:57 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi: Mobile phone services partially suspended in parts ...11:33 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Defamation suit: ARY UK apologises to Ishaq Dar over ‘fabricated’ ...11:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Iran invites Pakistan to multilateral conference on Afghanistan10:36 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Zalmay Khalilzad, US envoy who brokered Afghan exit, resigns two ...10:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021