Turkey’s ruling party gains majority
The party leads Sunday’s general elections with 50 percent of the votes, results reported by the semi-official Anadolu Agency showed.
The AK Party is followed by the centre-left Republican People’s Party (CHP) with 24.6 of the votes, far-right Nationalist Action Party (MHP) with 11.9 percent and the pro-Kurdish left-wing Peoples’ Demcoratic Party (HDP) with 10.1 percent.
With these results, AK Party is predicted to claim 319 seats in the 550-seat parliament, chased by CHP with 130 seats, HDP with 57 seats and MHP with 44 seats. Parties need to secure 276 seats to govern the country alone.
More than 54 million people were registered to vote at some 175,000 stations and the participation rate stood at 86.1 percent.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 September 202109:39 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- China terms Australia-UK-US alliance ‘extremely irresponsible’, ...11:25 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021