Monthly inflation decreases by 0.30 % in August
The inflation rate during the month of August, 2016 increased by 3.56 percent as compared to the corresponding month of final year, said Director Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, Atiq ur Rahman here on Thursday.
Briefing the newsmen, he told that average inflation during the period from July to August, 2016 17 after July August 2015 16 was recorded at 3.84 percent.
He informed that Pakistan Bureau of Statistics collects the retail and wholesale price, and calculates the consumer price index (CPI), Wholesale price index (WPI) on a monthly basis and Sensitive Price Indicator (SPI) on a weekly base.
In August, 2016, the CPI decreased by 0.30 percent and WPI decreased by 0.03 percent, whereas SPI increased by 0.23 percent respectively, he added.
He stated that during the month of August, 2016 over the month of August 2015, the trimmed core inflation has been kept at 3.5 percent, while it was 2.8 percent during August, 2015 over August, 2014.
During the month of August, 2016, over August, 2015, non food and non-energy core inflation has been kept at 4.6 percent, while it was 4.0 percent during August, 2015 over August, 2014, he added.
The top few commodities which witnessed increased in their prices during the last month, including syrup, fresh melon, intakes tablets, garlic, tinda, eggs, car Honda civic, sugar, septran tablets, cucumbers, pumpkin, potatoes, silver tezabi, suitcase resin, pulse gram, gur, fountain pen, gold tezabi and car Suzuki.
The items which recorded negative growth in their prices including apple, arvi, bottle gourd, bananas, grapes, brinjal, chicken, turai tomatoes, onions, lady finger, mango and lemon.
He said the main cause of the increase in inflation rate during the month was a sharp increase of perishable food items.
Replying to a question, he said that PBS has finalized its arrangements to hold census and Council of Common Interest had decided that the Pakistan Army would provide assistance during the process.
He said that currently armed forces were engaged in Operation Zarb e Azab against terrorist for eliminating the menace of terrorism from the country.
He further said that the census campaign could be carried out by March next year subject to the availability of armed personnel.
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz reveals name of her speech writer10:45 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021