PM Nawaz inaugurates 174-kilometer Sibbi-Kohlu road
He announced the construction of a 20-kilometer road between Sibbi and Talli and 80-kilometer road linking Kohlu with Rakhni.
The prime minister was accompanied by Balochistan Chief Minister Sanaullah Zahri, Minister for Port and Shipping Mir Hasil Bazenjo and Adviser to the PM on National Security Lt Gen (Retd) Nasser Khan Janjua.
The multi-billion rupee project is the shortest road link between Balochistan and Punjab provinces.
Work on the project was halted in 2006 owing to law and order situation. Even so, it was recreated after the government ratified a contract with National Logistics Cell in 2014 to accomplish the half-complete project.
The contractor managed to finish the remaining 60 per centime of the work within one and a half year.
The road has been afforded to public transport and private vehicles.
The road will also help carry the agricultural produce, besides enriching the business activities in the region.
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021