PM Nawaz inaugurates 174-kilometer Sibbi-Kohlu road
He announced the construction of a 20-kilometer road between Sibbi and Talli and 80-kilometer road linking Kohlu with Rakhni.
The prime minister was accompanied by Balochistan Chief Minister Sanaullah Zahri, Minister for Port and Shipping Mir Hasil Bazenjo and Adviser to the PM on National Security Lt Gen (Retd) Nasser Khan Janjua.
The multi-billion rupee project is the shortest road link between Balochistan and Punjab provinces.
Work on the project was halted in 2006 owing to law and order situation. Even so, it was recreated after the government ratified a contract with National Logistics Cell in 2014 to accomplish the half-complete project.
The contractor managed to finish the remaining 60 per centime of the work within one and a half year.
The road has been afforded to public transport and private vehicles.
The road will also help carry the agricultural produce, besides enriching the business activities in the region.
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021