Sindh bans public movement from 12-3pm on Friday
KARACHI - The Sindh government on Thursday announced a complete ban over public movement and activities between 12 and 3pm today (Friday).
Information Minister Nasir Hussain Shah said strict action will be taken against anyone found violating the ban. "No one will be allowed to leave the house and businesses," the minister added.
Earlier, the government had banned Friday prayers in the province last week. The order issued by the government said that only three to five mosque staff members (such as the imam and khateeb) are allowed to pray there.
Some mosques, however, did not follow the government’s orders and police had to make announcements asking people to go back to their homes.
Dozens of people were arrested in the province for violating the orders. The provincial government had imposed a lockdown in Sindh on March 23. Instructions were issued to the authorities that all stores, including grocery shops and petrol pumps, be closed at 5pm.
A ban is already in place over congregations for Friday prayers to control the spread of the coronavirus.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020