Plane crash turns out to be 'pilot's suicide'
According to details Doug Demarest clipped an office block that houses the law firm where his wife works and then slammed into an unoccupied commercial building in central Anchorage, Alaska, Sky News reported.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation said that he used Civil Air Patrol owned Cessna 172 which he was authorized to fly. This type of Cessna is used in search and rescue missions.
The Civil Air Patrol, a civilian auxiliary of the US Air Force, is made up of volunteers who help with search and rescue, disaster relief and homeland security across America.
The 42 year old pilot, who joined the voluntary group in 2010 and was believed to be alone in the plane, died at the scene and no-one else was hurt.
Family spokeswoman Jahna Lindemuth said there was no reason to think Mr Demarest was trying to harm anyone but himself.
Ms Lindemuth declined to say how the family knew it was a suicide and asked that the family's privacy be respected.
- realme C25Y makes a comeback on an amazing price of Rs28,99904:35 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- IHC larger bench discharges contempt notice against ex-PM Imran Khan02:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Shahnawaz Amir’s remand extended in Sarah Inam murder case01:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022