Aleem Dar breaks world record by umpiring in 322 matches
The 48-year-old started officiating in the Sri Lanka-South Africa Test match which is his 332nd international cricket match as an umpire, thereby surpassing South African Rudi Koertzen’s record of 331 international matches.
He surpassed Rudi Koertzen as the most experienced international umpire as he stood in his 109th Test in Cape Town.
Aleem Dar has also become the second most capped Test umpire after Steve Bucknor's who supervised 128 matches
Aleem Dar made his umpiring debut in the year 2000 and in a career spanning more than 15 years, has officiated in a total of 405 matches, including 332 games as an on-field umpire and 73 matches as a TV umpire.
Dar has also won the ICC Umpire Of the Year award on three occasions in 2009, 2010 and 2011 and has stood in the 2011 World Cup Final.
The government of Pakistan honoured him with Pride of Performance on August 14, 2010.-APP
- Missing instructor pilot’s body recovered from Balochistan03:49 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- BANvPAK: Rain frustrates Shaheens and Tigers as Day 2 of second Test ...03:28 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Jhang Assistant Commissioner gunned down over enmity in Chiniot02:29 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Take a look inside Fawad Khan’ star-studded birthday bash in Dubai01:52 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021