Federal budget 2016-17 to be presented in Parliament today
According to reports, the main focus of the budget is on the development of energy, infrastructure, and human resource sectors. The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects have also been prioritized in the budget.
Allocations to provide a social safety net to the most vulnerable segments of society are also likely to be enhanced.
The National Economic Council (NEC), chaired by Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif via video link from London, approved a Rs. 1.675 trillion development outlay including Rs. 800 billion for the federal Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) and Rs. 875 billion as the provincial Annual Development Programme (ADP).
The Government has also set aside Rs. 1,675 billion in the forthcoming budget for development schemes under the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) for the year 2016-17.
- COAS Bajwa discusses regional security with UN military adviser11:49 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: England beat Pakistan by 67 runs to win T20I series11:15 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...10:24 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider's 'Main Hoon Shahruh Khan' receives praise09:46 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022