SC’s Justice Isa allowed to argue his case himself
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court on Tuesday granted permission to Justice Qazi Faez Isa to argue his case regarding a review petition against the ruling issued in an assets case in June 2020.
A ten-member larger bench comprising Justice Umar Ata Bandial, Justice Maqbool Baqar, Justice Manzoor Ahmed Malik, Justice Mazhar Alam Khan Miankhel, Justice Sajjad Ali Shah, Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah, Justice Munib Akhtar, Justice Yahya Afridi, Justice Qazi Muhammad Amin Ahmed and Justice Aminuddin Khan heard the petition seeking removal of some paragraphs from the verdict.
On June 19, 2020, the top court had rejected a presidential reference filed against SC judge Justice Qazi Faez Isa regarding undeclared assets.
During today’s hearing, Justice Isa filed a written petition seeking permission to argue himself in the case saying his counsel Muneer A Malik was unwell. The court has allowed him to argue in the case.
Commenting on Justice Isa’s request for live coverage of the court proceedings, Justice Bandia said that a full court will review the matter to decide whether it could be allowed or not.
If the court agreed to direct coverage, the state machinery would be used, he added.
Justice Bandial further said that no private camera would be permitted in the court and called for the presence of journalists in court rather than "capitalists".
The hearing of the case was adjourned until tomorrow (Wednesday).
‘President grossly failed to exercise his ... 07:04 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Supreme Court of Pakistan on Friday issued detailed verdict of presidential reference against apex ...
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021