Research finally explains why women seem to prefer jerks over 'nice guys'
According to the findings, the women were found to be more inclined towards men who had narcissistic personality traits, like being vain and wanting to be the center of attention, than guys who didn’t have those traits.
But when researchers controlled for extroverted personality traits, like being self-confident and assertive, that link disappeared.
Researchers suggest that this indicates that the women’s attraction to the narcissists could be determined by the guys’ outgoingness—not their vanity or self-centeredness.
Narcissists often tend to make a good first impression because they act outgoing, for example, they take the lead in conversation in an effort to impress people and get attention.
According to researchers, this can make them seem charming when they’re getting to know someone new.
However, another new study from Germany suggests that narcissists become less attractive to people once they’re in a long-term relationship. Over time, they come off as self-centered, entitled, and too competitive.
- Punjab forms committee for peace talks with TLP10:02 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Sri Lanka beat Netherlands by eight wickets in T20 World Cup 202109:58 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021