Samia was raped before murder: UK media
She was killed by her kin on a visit to Pakistan, UK media reported on Friday, quoting the officer in charge of the probe.
The 28 years old young lady from Bradford had been had been visiting her family in Jhelum when she was murdered in July.
Her second husband, Mukhtar Syed Kazam who is the plaintiff in the lawsuit, had raised concerns that his wife had been murdered because her family disapproved of their marriage.
Samia Shahid’s relatives had initially claimed she had suffered a heart attack which led to her death.
BBC, now claims the chief investigator has told the news organization that the murder was carried out by Samia's father Chaudhry Muhammad Shahid and first husband Chaudhry Muhammad Shakeel.
Shakeel has reportedly confessed to strangling Samia to death with her scarf.
Both suspects are being held by the police on murder charges.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 21 October 202108:47 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan becomes 'fourth most expensive' country in world12:20 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: South Africa beat Pakistan in warm-up match11:44 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani doctor elected to top US health institution National ...11:18 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- PDM revives anti-government movement with protest in Rawalpindi10:51 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Mansha Pasha celebrates birthday with friends and family04:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drugs case: Aryan Khan’s bail plea rejected by Mumbai court03:25 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar and Shoaib Malik’s new bold photos set internet on fire02:00 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021