Celebrations erupt in Iran over nuclear deal
It was the culmination of watching and waiting for the outcome of the week-long marathon talks held in Lausanne, Switzerland.
As soon as their leaders announced the deal via social media, many went out of their homes to have an impromptu street party with friends and family.
Iran's streets erupted into joyful, New Year-like celebrations -- many called the framework deal as a harbinger of a "new era" -- while others turned to memes (humorous message spread on the web, often loaded with political undertones).
It was reported that the event marked the first time an US president’s speech was broadcast live on Iranian state TV since the 1979 Iranian revolution.
Many took to social media to express their joy.
- Biden picks two Kashmiri-American women for top positions at White ...10:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Another Gomal University professor dismissed over sexual harassment09:59 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Ex-judge to head Pakistan probe into Broadsheet case09:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Celebs call out 'elite aunties' of Cannoli for demeaning their café ...08:45 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood remembers Sushant Singh Rajput on birth anniversary05:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Netflix crosses 200 million subscribers06:39 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021