Panama Papers: Massive leak alleges PM Nawaz, sons and daughter among world leaders who use tax havens to hide their wealth
LAHORE (Web Desk) - Eleven million documents were leaked from one of the world's most secretive companies, Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca revealed that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, his sons Hussain and Hasan Nawaz, and daughter Mariam Safdar set up at least four offshore companies in British Virgin Islands (BVI).
These companies owned at least six upmarket properties overlooking London’s Hyde Park.
According to media reports, Sharif family mortgaged four of these properties to the Deutsche Bank (Suisse) SA for a loan of GBP 7 million and the Bank of Scotland part-financed the purchase of two other apartments.
The document leak, consisting of over 11 million files, also exposes the dealings of 72 other current or former heads of state including dictators accused of looting their own countries.
Gerard Ryle, director of the ICIJ, said the documents covered the day-to-day business at Mossack Fonseca for over the past 40 years.
- Success story of Samantha McGregor, her plans for imminent reform12:31 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Late Paul Walker's daughter may appear in Fast & Furious 10: Vin ...11:44 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- India launches probe into fake Covid tests at Kumbh Mela11:23 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in terrorist attack near Turbat airport10:52 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- KP becomes first province in Pakistan to conduct 5G trials10:04 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- TikToker Mian Kashif arrested for fraud with Ertugrul star (VIDEO)08:46 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Sanam Saeed agrees with Riz Ahmed's stance on Muslim ...05:56 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Egyptian siblings earn 5 Guinness World Records including largest ...05:14 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021