Ex-DG ISPR Asif Ghafoor replaces late Lt-Gen Sarfraz Ali as Corps Commander Quetta
RAWALPINDI – Lieutenant General Asif Ghafoor has replaced his predecessor Lieutenant General Sarfraz Ali, who embraced martyrdom in a helicopter crash this week, has been appointed as Corps Commander Quetta.
The former director-general (DG) of the military's media wing -- Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) -- was serving as the Inspector General of Communications and Information Technology.
In November 2020, he was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant General, some 10 months after his appointment as the General Officer Commanding 40 Division in Okara.
Ghafoor was the 21st DG of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) in 2016.
Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali: a thorough professional with ... 08:09 PM | 2 Aug, 2022
XII Corps Commander Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali of the Pakistan Army, who embraced martyrdom in a helicopter crash during a ...
- Pakistan’s Arshad Nadeem wins javelin gold with career best throw ...11:06 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- British investigators launch probe into 'misuse' of charity funds by ...10:24 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan slams Indian ludicrous comments against OIC’s remarks on ...09:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Interior Minister says ‘performers giving Islamic touch now in need ...08:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Sakina Samo's directorial debut to hit cinemas later this month03:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani’s new bold photos break the internet03:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022