PM Imran proposes 10-point agenda at UNGA to avert economic collapse due to Covid-19 (VIDEO
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan is addressing a special session of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
The premier's address to the 51st session is focused on the coronavirus pandemic.
According to the UN, the special session will provide an opportunity for the international community to “assess and hone its collective response to coronavirus pandemic”.
"World leaders, United Nations principals and other relevant stakeholders will be able to engage in dialogue on the impacts of the pandemic on people, societies and economies and discuss the multifaceted, coordinated response required to address this crisis," said the UN yesterday.
The global body is holding the two-day special session to allow stakeholders to share their experiences in fighting the pandemic, reflect on the global response to date, and forge a united, coordinated, and people-centred path forward.
Prime Minister Imran Khan proposed a 10-point agenda for urgent action:
- Debt suspension for low income and most stressed countries till the pandemic ends.
- Cancellation of debt for developed countries.
- Restructuring of the public sector debt of other developing countries under an agreed inclusive multilateral framework.
- A general allocation of special drawing rights of $500 billion.
- Expanded concessional financing to lower-income countries through multilateral development banks.
- Creation of a new ‘liquidity and sustainability facility’ to provide short term loans at lower costs.
- Fulfilment of the 0.7 % official development assistance commitments.
- Mobilising the required $1.5 trillion annual investment in sustainable infrastructure.
- Achievement of the agreed target of mobilising $100 billion per year for climate action in developing countries.
- Immediate action to stop the massive illicit financial outflows from developing countries to rich countries, to offshore tax havens and at the same time, immediate return of their assets stolen by corrupt politicians and criminals back to these countries.
- COAS Bajwa visits Sialkot garrison, appreciates officers’ devotion ...11:52 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Bilawal felicitates US President Biden on inauguration11:29 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan PM Imran congratulates Joe Biden on POTUS inauguration10:54 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran lays foundation stone of Cadet College Wana’s phase-II ...09:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Alia Bhatt rushed to hospital amid shooting for 'Gangubai Kathiawadi'05:47 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Danish Taimoor pens down a heartfelt note for Ayeza Khan on 30th ...04:51 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- WATCH - Trailer of Hareem Shah's first web series released02:19 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021