US delegation visits North Waziristan, lauds Pakistan's role in war on terror
McCain also lauded Pakistan's role against terrorism. The US delegation also commended the rehabilitation work being carried out by the Pakistan Army to resettle those displaced in their area with dignity and honor.
The delegation also met with wounded soldiers and officers who were seriously affected during the initial phases of Operation Zarb-e-Azb and are now back on the battlefield voluntarily.
The US Senators appreciated the determination and grit of all affected Pakistani soldiers and their unparalleled sacrifice for their homeland.
According to a statement released by the Foreign Office, Senator McCain and his colleagues deeply appreciated the enormous success achieved by Pakistan in its counter-terrorism campaign during a meeting with Pakistani diplomats in Islamabad.
- PM Shehbaz Sharif, CM Hamza Shehbaz appear in Rs16b money laundering ...03:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- OIC concerned over life imprisonment for Kashmiri leader Yasin Malik01:20 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Govt announces criteria for ‘Sasta Petrol’ relief package12:40 PM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022