SBP Governor, Chairman FBR removed from posts
The decision came as the federal government gears up to seal a deal with the International Monetary Fund for a bailout package currently being discussed by Advisor on Finance, Abdul Hafeez Sheikh.
The decision is being viewed as a step to shore up the economic reserves by increasing the tax net and coincides with the announcement made by Prime Minister Imran Khan that former finance minister Asad Umar would rejoin cabinet soon.
Soon after the decision, former interior minister took a jibe at the ruling regime and stressed that the premier should be removed.
Finance Minister fired, Governor SBP fired, Chairman FBR fired. Unless the real culprit is fired nothing will change. #FireincompetentPMIK— Ahsan Iqbal (@betterpakistan) May 3, 2019
- Pakistan tough team to play in T20 format, says Kiwi skipper ahead of ...02:05 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Lifetime disqualification: Pakistan’s top judge terms Article ...12:54 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Yamaha increases motorbike prices by up to Rs15,500 (Check new rates ...12:22 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan Army Chief to receive enhanced honour cordon at Pentagon ...11:58 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Hareem Shah gets temporary relief from arrest in money laundering case11:05 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Asim Azhar to release mashup of two songs with young fan Arshman11:49 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022