SBP Governor, Chairman FBR removed from posts
The decision came as the federal government gears up to seal a deal with the International Monetary Fund for a bailout package currently being discussed by Advisor on Finance, Abdul Hafeez Sheikh.
The decision is being viewed as a step to shore up the economic reserves by increasing the tax net and coincides with the announcement made by Prime Minister Imran Khan that former finance minister Asad Umar would rejoin cabinet soon.
Soon after the decision, former interior minister took a jibe at the ruling regime and stressed that the premier should be removed.
Finance Minister fired, Governor SBP fired, Chairman FBR fired. Unless the real culprit is fired nothing will change. #FireincompetentPMIK— Ahsan Iqbal (@betterpakistan) May 3, 2019
- Pakistani athlete Najma Parveen finishes last in Tokyo Olympics11:38 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021