Punjab govt announces Rs2.5 million cash reward for gold medal winner Haider Ali
The Punjab government on Friday announced a financial reward of Rs2.5 million for Haider Ali, who won Pakistan a gold medal in Tokyo Paralympics.
Punjab Sport Minister Rai Taimur Bhatti said that Haider Ali made the entire nation proud by winning the gold medal in the Japanese Paralympics.
Haider threw a 55.26 metres throw in his fifth attempt out of the total six he made to score the best distance. The silver medal was bagged by Ukraine's Zhabnyak with a 52.43 metres throw, while Brazilian Teixeira de Souza won bronze with a 51.86 throw.
Earlier, Haider had won two medals, a silver in Beijing and a Bronze in Rio in the long jump event for Pakistan.
Haider Ali wins first-ever Paralympics gold medal ... 09:25 AM | 3 Sep, 2021
Haider Ali became the first Pakistani to win a gold medal in the Paralympic Games on Friday. Haider achieved the feat ...
- British envoy denies role in cancellation of New Zealand cricket ...11:21 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- COAS Bajwa visits GC University Lahore (VIDEO)11:01 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand PM asked Pakistan’s Imran Khan to postpone cricket ...09:56 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- ‘Hidden hands’ got New Zealand cricket team’s Pakistan tour ...09:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Bus Art Exhibit on Australia-Pakistan culture hits the road09:21 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021