Kashmiris observe Right to Self-Determination Day
ISLAMABAD – Kashmiris on both sides of the Line of Control and the world over are observing the Right to Self-Determination Day with the pledge to continue their liberation struggle till it reaches its ultimate goal.
It was on 5th January in 1949 when the United Nations Security Council passed a resolution supporting the Kashmiris’ right to decide their future by themselves through UN-sponsored plebiscite.
The day was marked by various activities including rallies, seminars and conferences across the world to remind the UN that it must implement its resolutions to settle the Kashmir dispute to save the Kashmiris from the Indian brutalities.
This year, the day is being observed when occupied Kashmir is under military siege for the past over 150 days.
Meanwhile, the residents of the Kashmir Valley continued to suffer immensely in biting chill on the 153rd consecutive Day, today.
The Indian police arrested a youth after raiding SMHS Hospital in Srinagar.
Unidentified persons hurled a grenade at the personnel of Indian Central Reserve Police Force posted in Kawdara area of Srinagar, today, resulting in damage to several vehicles.
Meanwhile, addressing an event in New Delhi, India’s former National Security Advisor, Shivshankar Menon said that the Citizenship Amendment Act and the withdrawal of special status of Kashmir had led to India being isolated from the international community.
- Four Grade-17 officers dismissed over BISP corruption08:00 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran to inaugurate Gujranwala shuttle train on Feb 5th06:55 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran hails Quetta hero who saved more than 100 lives06:43 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Syllabus of Class 1st-8th to be changed in Cantonment areas06:31 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Afghan Taliban agree to implement 10-day ceasefire with US troops06:23 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019