Topless Femen protester confronts former Italian PM Berlusconi at polling station (VIDEO)
The woman had "BERLUSCONI SEI SCADUTO" (Berlusconi, You've expired) written on her chest and shouted at the ex-Italian prime minister: "You've passed your expiry date. Your time's up!"
Referencing the "Time's Up" movement against sexual harassment she continued to yell "times up everybody".
After the activist was escorted out by police, Berlusconi cast his ballot and left the polling station.
The four-time prime minister cannot take office himself until 2019 due to a tax fraud conviction.
It's not the first time the 81-year old has been confronted by bare-chested protesters from the movement. The same thing happened in 2013, when three FEMEN activists approached him in a similar way, according to Italian news outlet Rai.
Founded in Ukraine in 2008, the FEMEN movement has become known for its topless public stunts against religious, government and other public institutions. It fled Ukraine in 2013, citing fears for the "lives and freedom" of its members, and has since branched out to a number of other countries, with its main headquarters now located in Paris.
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 9 to 12 classes to start from tomorrow; primary schools to reopen ...01:43 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021