Topless Femen protester confronts former Italian PM Berlusconi at polling station (VIDEO)
The woman had "BERLUSCONI SEI SCADUTO" (Berlusconi, You've expired) written on her chest and shouted at the ex-Italian prime minister: "You've passed your expiry date. Your time's up!"
Referencing the "Time's Up" movement against sexual harassment she continued to yell "times up everybody".
After the activist was escorted out by police, Berlusconi cast his ballot and left the polling station.
The four-time prime minister cannot take office himself until 2019 due to a tax fraud conviction.
It's not the first time the 81-year old has been confronted by bare-chested protesters from the movement. The same thing happened in 2013, when three FEMEN activists approached him in a similar way, according to Italian news outlet Rai.
Founded in Ukraine in 2008, the FEMEN movement has become known for its topless public stunts against religious, government and other public institutions. It fled Ukraine in 2013, citing fears for the "lives and freedom" of its members, and has since branched out to a number of other countries, with its main headquarters now located in Paris.
- Pakistan's best shortest format players assemble for National T20; ...07:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: FM Qureshi leaves for New York06:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021