Inquiry committee starts probe into Gadani tragedy
The committee, headed by Minister for Defence Production Rana Tanveer Hussain and comprising Secretaries of the Cabinet, Defence
Production and Ports & Shipping, Chief Secretary Balochistan, Additional Secretary Defence and Managing Director Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works, visited Karachi and Gadani Shipyards.
The committee was given a briefing about the incident in its maiden meeting held at the Mehran Base Karachi, a press release issued here said.
The committee, which has the mandate to determine the cause of the incident and fix responsibility, would submit its report within 15 days.
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Syria goes to the polls next month09:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021