PTI chief urges KP govt not to deport Sharbat Gulla
The special anti-corruption and immigration court issued orders after the lady confessed to holding fake Pakistani passport and Computerised National Identity card (CNIC).
The Nat Geo’ famed Afghan woman immortalised on a National Geographic cover, was arrested in Pakistan last week for using fake ID cards.
“I want to request CM KP and the KP govt not to deport Sharbat Gulla to Afghanistan on humanitarian/compassionate grounds,” Khan tweeted.
Khan’s request came hours after a local court in Peshawar ruled that Sharbat Gula be deported to Afghanistan after serving a 15-day jail sentence and paying a fine of Rs.110,000 for holding fake Pakistani documents.
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021