Will stand with India if it comes under attack: Bangladesh
“Bangladesh would stand beside India if it was attacked, because the two neighbouring countries are friends and India has always provided support to Bangladesh on several occasions and in different issues,” the Dhaka Tribune quoted Kamal, as saying on Tuesday.
When asked if Bangladesh was taking any preparation in this regard he said “We do not share a border with Pakistan, and their land territory is 1,200 miles away from us. What they do does not affect us. We [Bangladesh] defeated them and sent them back in 1971; we don’t need to think about them any further.”
Kamal made the statement while replying to a query regarding his country's stance on the India-Pakistan situation during the Bangladesh Secretariat Reporters' Forum (BSRF) Dialogue held at the secretariat.
The minister also recalled Indian government's stance during the war of 1971 and their assistance to more than a crore people.
- Pakistan reports no polio case in six months02:08 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- US formally ends combat mission in Iraq after 18 years01:20 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- All 'unnecessary movement' restricted in Karachi after 6pm as Covid ...12:47 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan amicably repatriates 46 Afghan soldiers who crossed border ...12:24 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Budding Pakistani singer accused of sexually assaulting woman in ...11:26 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Jennifer Lopez celebrates 52nd birthday with Ben Affleck04:36 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani bride's super dancing entry goes viral (VIDEO)03:37 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021