Theatre Hanging: Italian actor declared clinically dead
Raphael Schumacher was 27, his family authorized the donation of his organs, and the doctors have started the procedure,CNN reported.
Rome police have launched an investigation into the incident and say they are trying to establish whether proper safety procedures were in place.
Four people are under investigation for manslaughter in the actor's death.
Schumacher was performing in an experimental theater production in the courtyard of Pisa's Teatro Lux when a member of the audience noticed that the rope around his neck was too tight.
The actor's head was covered at the time, but the spectator -- a female medical graduate -- saw him trembling and realized something was wrong. She ran to him, loosened the noose, and with the help of another spectator, lowered him to the ground. He was taken to hospital shortly after.
Schumacher changed the play's script at the last minute, the directors of the theater company told Italian newspaper Il Giorno: "The original monologue included a fake gunshot but he eventually decided for the hanging -- without telling us."
The play's scenes take place in different parts of the theater, with spectators walking through them. Schumacher was performing in the courtyard at the time of the incident.
- Pakistan expecting rollover of $2bn SAFE deposits from China12:10 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Child dies from polio in northwestern Pakistan; cases tally rises to ...11:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Twitter withholds Govt of Pakistan’s official account in India11:22 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Japan’s wrestling legend turned politician Antonio Inoki passes ...10:48 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022