COVID-19: Pakistan confirms 6th coroncavirus case
KARACHI – Another coronavirus case has been reported in Karachi, Minister of State for Health Dr Zafar Mirza confirmed on Thursday, pushing the total number of COVID-19 cases to six in the South Asian country.
A 69-year-old man who returned from Iran on February 25 was tested positive in Karachi. “The patient is in clinically stable condition in Sindh and is being well taken care of,” Dr Mirza informed, adding that the patient was admitted to a private hospital I Karachi.
236/ 6th case of #coronavirus in Pakistan is confirmed. The patient is in clinically stable condition in Sindh and is being well taken care of.— Zafar Mirza (@zfrmrza) March 5, 2020
The new case has emerged as all educational institutes in Sindh have been closed till March 13 amid the fear of contagious disease’s outbreak in the province.
Of the sixth confirmed COVID-19 cases in Pakistan, all had a history of travel to Iran. Three of the cases are in Karachi and three in Gilgit-Baltistan.
The virus has spread to more than 30 countries, killing over 3,000 and infecting 95,000, mostly in China.
Pakistan: PM's aide appeals public not to believe ... 10:45 AM | 5 Mar, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Health Dr Zafar Mirza Thursday urged that the nation not ...
- NA secretariat asks Shahid Khaqan Abbasi to apologise over shoe ...09:06 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Oman announces travel ban on India, Pakistan and Bangladesh over ...08:31 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- 22 Covid patients die in India’s hospital after oxygen leak cuts ...07:48 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Kubra Khan trolled for wearing ‘indecent’ dress during Ramadan07:41 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Salman Khan’s new film Radhe to be released on Eid06:00 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021