First coronavirus death confirmed in UK
LONDON – A patient has died in the United Kingdom after testing positive for coronavirus, according to the Royal Berkshire NHS Trust.
In a statement on its website, the hospital said: “Sadly, we can confirm that an older patient with underlying health conditions has died. The patient has previously been in and out of hospital for non-coronavirus reasons, but on this occasion was admitted and last night tested positive for coronavirus.”
“The family has been informed and our thoughts are with them at this difficult time. We will not be commenting further and ask that everybody respects the family’s privacy.”
“Public Health England is contacting anyone who may have come into contact with the affected patient to offer advice.”
The death is the first in the UK where there are now 116 confirmed cases. The Department of Health said that 18,083 people have now been tested for COVID-19.
The virus has spread to more than 30 countries, killing over 2,700 and infecting 95,000 people globally.
- Covid-19 claims 98 lives, infects 5,857 more in 24 hours08:58 AM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 22 April 202108:33 AM | 22 Apr, 2021
- At least three killed, 11 injured in blast at Quetta hotel's parking10:33 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- NA secretariat asks Shahid Khaqan Abbasi to apologise over shoe ...09:06 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Kubra Khan trolled for wearing ‘indecent’ dress during Ramadan07:41 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Salman Khan’s new film Radhe to be released on Eid06:00 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ayesha Omar explains the concept of ‘Royalties To Artists’08:07 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021