NAB signs agreement with China to oversee CPEC projects
ISLAMABAD – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with China to oversee China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects being completed in the South Asian country.
Justice (r) Javed Iqbal, chief of the anti-graft watchdog, the agreement will streamline and boost cooperation in the fields of anti-corruption. “In the context of CPEC, this cooperation will further boost confidence in projects undertaken in Pakistan,” the NAB chairman said in a statement.
Considering corruption as cancer, Justice (r) Javed Iqbal said, NAB has chalked out a comprehensive National Anti-Corruption Strategy for logical conclusion of mega corruption white collar crimes cases by adopting the policy of ‘Accountability for All’ as the figures of complaints, inquiries and investigations are almost double as compared to the figures of the period between 2017 to 2018.
The comparative figures for the last one year from October 2017 to December 2018 are indicative of hard work being put in by all ranks of NAB officers in an atmosphere of renewed energy and dynamism, where the fight against corruption is being taken as a national duty, the statement read.
He added that NAB has established a state-of-the-art forensic science lab in Islamabad which has facilities of digital forensics, questioned documents and fingerprint analysis which will be utilised for further improvements in the quality of inquiries and investigations.
CPEC purely bilateral project without hidden ... 04:49 PM | 27 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan on Thursday said China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) had no hidden implications against any ...
China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is a flagship project of President Xi’s One Belt One Road (OBOR) initiative involving a massive investment of over $60 billion in infrastructure projects in Pakistan.
Originally valued at $46 billion, the value of CPEC projects was worth $62 billion as of 2017.
The CPEC is intended to rapidly modernize Pakistani infrastructure and strengthen its economy by the construction of modern transportation networks, numerous energy projects, and special economic zones.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020