Trump threatens severe sanctions against Iraq over resolution to expel US troops
WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump has threatened severe sanctions against Iraq after its parliament called on US troops to leave the country.
Talking to reporters, he said Iraq would have also to pay Washington for the cost of an expensive air base there.
Meanwhile, State Department spokeswoman said in Washington has urged Iraqi leaders to reconsider the importance of the two nations’ ongoing economic and security relationship.
Some 5,000 American troops remain in Iraq, most in an advisory role.
US-Iran tensions: Iraqi parliament passes ... 09:11 PM | 5 Jan, 2020
BAGHDAD – Iraq’s parliament on Sunday passed a resolution calling for the government to oust the foreign ...
- PAF C-130 aircraft carrying Zaireen from Dalbandin lands at Skardu ...01:36 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Govt trying to maintain balance between lockdown to prevent spread of ...12:15 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Lahore police sealed all the entry and exit points of the city11:42 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Indian troops kill three youth in IOK10:33 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- US Presidential election to be held on November 3: Trump09:46 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019