Mai Bhagi being remembered on death anniversary
Mai Bhagi was born in 1920 in a small village surrounded by the vast Thar Desert. She began to sing Thari songs as a child. She died on July 7, 1986.
After the creation of Pakistan in 1947, Bhagi's family began to regularly travel to Karachi, which later became the capital of Sindh, to earn the livelihood.
By the early 1960s, Mai Bhagi was regularly appearing on Radio Pakistan singing songs in Thari and Sindhi.
- Three tourists mysteriously die in Murree hotel08:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Madhuri Dixit recreates Pakistani TikTok girl's dance moves on 'Mera ...07:38 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Drunk' passenger forces emergency landing of Turkish flight in ...07:31 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Farha' - Netflix releases Jordanian film on forced eviction of ...06:39 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022