Pakistan Navy tests Zarb coastal defence system
KARACHI – The Pakistan Navy (PN) announced conducted a test-firing of its Zarb land-based anti-ship cruise missile (ASCM) system (also known as the Zarb Weapon System) as part of a training exercise from the coastal region.
“The [Zarb] missile successfully followed its pre-planned trajectory and accurately engaged the target at sea,” the PN said in a statement on its Facebook page, adding that Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi, was among those who witnessed the exercise.
No images or additional details of the test-firing were provided, but Adm Abbasi was quoted as saying that the “operationalisation of the Zarb Weapon System is depictive of Pakistan’s strong resolve and high level of preparedness”, adding that the PN “is fully capable of thwarting any aggression with an iron fist”.
The Admiral expressed his utmost satisfaction on the operational readiness of Pakistan Navy .
He further said that Pakistan’s pursuit for peace and stability has to be taken in the context of our quest for maintaining a peaceful coexistence in the region and not to be construed as our weakness. He reaffirmed the resolve that Pakistan Navy’s personnel remain vigilant and combat-ready to guard the sea frontiers and maritime interests of our motherland.
‘BullsEye’: Pakistan Air Force displays fiery ... 05:16 PM | 6 Nov, 2019
QUETTA – The Pakistan Air Force on Wednesday morning held an amazing demonstration of its fierce firepower at ...
Chief of the Naval Staff also underscored the importance of Pakistan Navy’s own initiatives of Regional Maritime Security Patrols (RMSP) in Gulf of Aden/North Arabian Sea, Pakistan Navy’s participation in multinational Combined Maritime Force (CMF) and recent joining of Trans Regional Maritime Network with participants from 32 navies which will greatly contribute in improving maritime security.
The Naval chief lauded the efforts, dedication and professional conduct displayed by all participants especially the crew of missile unit, scientists and engineers for making the event a complete success.
- A Smartphone that Brings Affordability & Reliability for Everyone – ...10:55 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019