Schools to remain closed in Lahore on Thursday due to intensive smog
LAHORE - All government and private schools in the provincial capital will remain closed on November 8 (Thursday) due to worsening air pollution.
Provincial Education Minister has announced that the decision has been taken due to intensive smog in the city.
District Education CEO Pervaiz Akhtar said that growing air pollution can cause various diseases among children, therefore, the schools will remain shut on Thursday.
Earlier in the day, the meteorological department has warned the public to take precautionary measures as the experts have predicted an increase in the level of air pollution in the city.
- Chinese girl smashes money pot to aid Pakistan combat Covid-1912:24 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- How to fight with Coronavirus?07:43 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Karachiites thrash policemen for stopping Friday prayer06:45 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019