Schools to remain closed in Lahore on Thursday due to intensive smog
LAHORE - All government and private schools in the provincial capital will remain closed on November 8 (Thursday) due to worsening air pollution.
Provincial Education Minister has announced that the decision has been taken due to intensive smog in the city.
District Education CEO Pervaiz Akhtar said that growing air pollution can cause various diseases among children, therefore, the schools will remain shut on Thursday.
Earlier in the day, the meteorological department has warned the public to take precautionary measures as the experts have predicted an increase in the level of air pollution in the city.
- 10 patients die as lawyers’ protest intensifies at Lahore's Punjab ...01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- IHC approves bail of Asif Ali Zardari on medical grounds12:50 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Meesha Shafi records her statement in harassment case12:39 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019