SC acquits murder convict after spending 19 years behind bars
A three-member bench of the apex court headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khan Khosa heard the case filed by alleged accused Mazhar against the Lahore High Court verdict. The court asked how an innocent would be compensated over 19 years sentence in jail. The court also observed that severe punishment should be awarded to the person who recorded false testimony.
Mazhar a resident of Lahore was detained by police over alleged murder of Ismail in 1997.
The trial court awarded death sentence and the high court also maintained the lower court's verdict.
- UAE inaugurates 'Asia's largest' visa centre in Pakistan09:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to conduct all exams as per schedule, says Education ...08:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Battle Axe Polo Cup sponsored by Faysal Bank: Remounts win another ...07:06 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- The City School inaugurated Raziuddin Shaikh All-Pakistan Senior ...06:43 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Aqeel and Sarah win Shehryar Malik Memorial Tennis titles06:24 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Title song of ‘Kahay Dil Jidhar’ starring Mansha Pasha and Junaid ...05:00 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Sajal Aly talks about her relationship with Janhvi Kapoor04:16 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan’s new dance video breaks the internet03:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021