SC acquits murder convict after spending 19 years behind bars
A three-member bench of the apex court headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khan Khosa heard the case filed by alleged accused Mazhar against the Lahore High Court verdict. The court asked how an innocent would be compensated over 19 years sentence in jail. The court also observed that severe punishment should be awarded to the person who recorded false testimony.
Mazhar a resident of Lahore was detained by police over alleged murder of Ismail in 1997.
The trial court awarded death sentence and the high court also maintained the lower court's verdict.
- October 16, 1964: China joins atom bomb club12:05 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021