Pemra issues notices to 17 TV channels over fake news of PM Imran-NAB chief meeting
The authority has issued notices to the 17 TV channels that include Geo News, Dunya News, Aaj News, Express News, Neo News, 24 News, Bol News, 7 News, Metro One, Hum News, ARY News, Samaa, Public News, 92 News, GNN, Channel 5 and K-21 News, read the press release.
They had all reported a false news that the prime minister today held a meeting with the chairman of the NAB, it added.
The authority has directed the 17 channels to submit their replies to the show-causes within seven days, adding that stern action will be taken on failing to do so.
PM Office Rejected Report as Baseless
The Prime Minister Office on Friday also rejected as baseless the media reports regarding a meeting between Prime Minister Imran Khan and National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Chairman Justice (R) Javed Iqbal.
“There is no truth in the news of meeting between Prime Minister Imran Khan and Chairman NAB. Media is requested to confirm from the PM Office Spokesman before giving any news about the Prime Minister,” a brief statement issued by the PM Media Office here said.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021