Another Pakistani prisoner dies in India despite conclusion of sentence
Mohammad Azam reportedly died of natural causes, however, an official confirmation in this regard is awaited.
The 62-year-old Pakistani had been charged by Indian authorities with crossing the border illegally. He served his sentence at Ferozepur Jail which concluded in 2016.
He was later transferred to Amritsar Jail. Unfortunately, he was not relocated to Pakistan despite the conclusion of his sentence.
On Feb 25, he had been shifted to Amritsar's Guru Nanak Dev Hospital, where he breathed his last.
Family demands trial at ICJ as Pakistan buries ... 07:09 PM | 3 Mar, 2019
SIALKOT – The grieving family of Shakirullah, who was brutally beaten to death by inmates in an Indian jail, has ...
Earlier last month, 50-year-old Shakirullah was beaten to death by a group of inmates at the Jaipur Central Jail. He was laid to rest at his ancestral village Jessarwala in Daska on Sunday.
- NAB chief says solid evidence found against big fish for money ...09:49 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- This Pakistani city will be the first to have coronavirus vaccines by ...09:17 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Top envoy confident about further strengthening ties with Pakistan on ...08:57 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- PU declares MA/MSc Results 2020 – Here's how to check online08:39 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- GCU graduate died during abortion, reveals former class-fellow08:10 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Remembering Chef Fatima Ali on 2nd death anniversary04:40 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021