Pakistan to host Kabaddi World Cup 2020 in January
LAHORE - Pakistan will host Kabaddi World Cup 2020, scheduled to take place from January 12 to 18, 2020.
Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, the Chief of Pakistan Kabaddi Federation announced this during a press conference in the provincial capital here on Friday.
Secretory Federation Rana Sarwar was also present on this occasion. Mr Hussain said the matches will be played in Lahore, Faislabad, Kartarpur, and Nankana Sahib. However, the final will of the mega event to be held in Lahore.
"Total 10 teams including India will be featuring in the tournament. Until this time, Pakistan, India, Iran, Canada, Australia, United States, Sierra Leone, and Kenya have qualified, " he explained.
A cash prize of one crore rupees has been reserved for the winner team, 75 lakhs for runner up, and 50 lakh rupees will be given to the third position holder team.
All the matches will be played in the circle style format. Kabaddi became a part of the Asian Games in 1990.
- Pakistan felicitates new Sri Lankan president09:22 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Sleep Expo Middle East announces first-ever industry award07:48 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Shahzain Bugti takes early lead in NA-259 re-polling, show initial ...07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- UN calls for action to tackle global road safety crisis03:28 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019