India soon to become 'Water Scarce' country: Union Minister
She mentioned that increasing demand, uncertain availability and over development of rivers as the causes, NDTV reported.
Bharti made remarks at the World Sustainable Development Summit in New Delhi.
The Indian Centre also signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on water resources development and management with the European Union (EU).
"The holy rivers of India are getting exhausted of their natural ability to sustain themselves due to pollution from various sources.
"The per capital water availability in India has been on continuous decline which has put our country in water stressed category and is close to being categorized as water scarce. The vagaries of climate change are expected to exacerbate the situation," Ms Bharti stated.
- Mansha Pasha and Ali Gul Pir recreate Rihanna and ASAP Rocky's Met ...05:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Is poverty an unsolvable problem in Pakistan?04:38 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows full-capacity attendance at Grand Mosque03:45 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar faces severe backlash for wearing bold dress01:35 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Vicky Kaushal spills the beans on engagement plans with Katrina Kaif11:26 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021