13 Pakistani Hajj pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia
In a statement on Monday, he said the pilgrims had gone to Saudi Arabia for performing Hajj.
Eleven pilgrims have died in Mecca Makarama and two in Madina Munawara. Among the dead, two had gone to holy places under government scheme and 11 through private scheme.
The government would pay Rs 500,000 each to the legal heirs of the deceased pilgrims. Director General Hajj Abu Akif, additional secretary Ministry of Religious Affairs Sajid Yousfani and Joint Secretary Noor Zaman had visited the residences of the deceased and condoled their deaths. They sympathized with the heirs of the intending pilgrims.
The ministry has also sent condolence letters to the heirs of the deceased pilgrims. The deceased had been buried in Janah-tul-Baqih and rest in the graveyard of Mecca Makarma.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 25 October 202108:38 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- ‘Proud of you’ — PM Imran congratulates Team Pakistan for T20 ...11:05 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- PAKvIND: Pakistan make India bite the dust in first encounter of T20 ...10:29 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Jamal Kamal Khan resigns as Balochistan CM, cabinet dissolved09:12 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Chinese company announces resumption of work on Dasu hydropower ...08:15 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021