SA passes bills for establishing ‘Altaf Hussain University’
Sindh Assembly (SA) on Tuesday unanimously passed the bills for establishing “Altaf Hussaing University” in Karachi and Hyderabad.
Two bills pertaining to the formation of university bearing the name of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain were passed on the notices of MQM lawmakers Faisal Sabzwari, Syed Sardar Ahmad, Khwaja Izharul Hasan, Aamir Moin Pirzada and others during the private members day.
Both the bills were adopted by the house undisputedly. The house consented in favor of university formation in Karachi and Hyderabad after short discussion.
Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) MPA Ghulam Qadir Chandio notified tabling the bill for formation of the Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University at Shaheed Benazirabad. However, the discussion on the bill was in progress.
The assembly session was summoned by Sindh Governor Dr Ishratul Ibad.
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Punjab’s Auqaf dept loses Badshahi Mosque’s administration08:10 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021