Pakistan Railway earns Rs 100mln through E-ticketing in two months
LAHORE - Pakistan Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique has felicitated the Pakistan Railways Information Technology Department for selling tickets worth Rs 100 million through E-ticketing in just two months.
According to the PR sources on Thursday, the Railways sold 8,500 tickets through credit cards, UBL Omni and mobile accounts since the inauguration of E-ticketing system in the railways.
The PR is providing the facility of seat booking through the internet for 24 trains in 51 big cities.
Interestingly, the data show that people living in small and far-off areas benefited more from the facility.
The minister directed the IT department to ensure E-ticketing facility to the passengers of Akbar Bugti Express, Jaffar Express and Bolan Mail, which run from Quetta within one month as Quetta is one of the important cities of the country.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020