Court orders FIR against Punjab CM’s aide for sending ‘explicit videos’ to man
A sessions court in the federal capital Islamabad on Thursday ordered registration of an FIR against Special Assistant to Punjab Chief Minister on Investment Sardar Tanveer Ilyas for harassing a man through WhatsApp and sending him “sexually explicit videos”.
Additional Sessions Judge Muhammad Ata Rabbani issued these orders while hearing a petition filed by complainant Khawaja Faheem.
The petitioner’s counsel said that Imran Feroz Malik, his client met Ilyas at the Centaurus Mall in October 2019 during the launch ceremony of a private project. Subsequently, Ilyas — who according to the petitioner is the owner of Centaurus Mall — invited him to his residence for Iftar dinner which Faheem accepted considering it a business meeting.
After the meeting, the CM’s adviser sent a few messages along with “sexually explicit videos” to Faheem from his WhatsApp number, which the latter found disturbing, and which caused him “mental agony and trauma”, according to his lawyer.
Consequently, he reported the matter to the FIA’s Cyber Crime Cell, Faheem's lawyer said.
After the case was taken to the sessions court by the complainant, the FIA submitted its reply, saying the forensic analysis was conducted on the mobile phone of the petitioner and it transpired he had in fact received the video.
Following submission of the forensic report by the FIA, the court issued an order on July 6, asking the agency to register an FIR “without further delay”.
In his order, the judge noted that “despite the forensic report, the FIA did not initiate proceedings on flimsy ground that the inquiry is under way.”
The court also directed the police to take action against the petitioner as per law if the information provided by him is found false.
- PM Imran reiterates to bring powerful under the ambit of law12:54 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Videos of alleged buying, selling of votes leak ahead of Lahore’s ...12:33 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Section 144 imposed around Karachi's Nasla Tower amid protests ...11:52 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- President Alvi, Tajik counterpart agree to further strengthen ...11:27 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- ISPR releases first episode of new drama Sinf-e-Aahan09:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021