Doha conference: Taliban agree to reduce attacks in Afghanistan
The Taliban and Afghan officials have agreed to reduce violence by stopping attacks on religious centers, schools, hospitals, educational centers, bazaars, water dams and workplaces.
The statement urge the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the United Nations, the European Union and Afghanistan’s neighbouring countries to approve and support the joint resolution of the Intra-Afghan Dialogue Conference on Peace in Doha.
The agreement came in the form of a resolution prepared by a committee of six members from Kabul and three members from the Taliban.
According to officials, the United States and the Taliban are getting closer to a deal that is expected to be based on a U.S. promise to withdraw troops in exchange for a Taliban promise not to let Afghanistan be used as a base for terrorism.
نیمه شب گذشته است و کنفرانس بین الافغانی برای صلح در فضای مثبت اختتام یافت.
من به اشتراک کنندگان - جامعه افغانی که ممثل نسلهای مختلف میباشد، مقامات ارشد دولتی و طالبان- ازینکه به نقاط مشترک رسیدند تبریکی عرض میدارم. pic.twitter.com/2XBn00vNyb— U.S. Special Representative Zalmay Khalilzad (@US4AfghanPeace) July 9, 2019
Yesterday, Afghan Taliban set free 40 security personnel from their custody in northern Jawzjan province.
An army spokesman Abdul Hadi Jamal said on Monday that a bunch of 40 security personnel, mostly policemen have reached Shiberghan.
This was the second group of Afghan security personnel released in Jawzjan province over the past week.
Earlier, Taliban had released 42 Afghan security personnel one week ago after capturing Qush Tepa district in Jawzjan province.
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- New York’s Times Square lights up in solidarity for Kashmiri people11:19 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew in Srinagar ahead of clampdown anniversary10:32 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Hundreds flee after mass prison break in Afghanistan09:48 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- China to provide 38 more drones to Pakistan to fight locust09:08 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020