Doha conference: Taliban agree to reduce attacks in Afghanistan
The Taliban and Afghan officials have agreed to reduce violence by stopping attacks on religious centers, schools, hospitals, educational centers, bazaars, water dams and workplaces.
The statement urge the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the United Nations, the European Union and Afghanistan’s neighbouring countries to approve and support the joint resolution of the Intra-Afghan Dialogue Conference on Peace in Doha.
The agreement came in the form of a resolution prepared by a committee of six members from Kabul and three members from the Taliban .
According to officials, the United States and the Taliban are getting closer to a deal that is expected to be based on a U.S. promise to withdraw troops in exchange for a Taliban promise not to let Afghanistan be used as a base for terrorism .
نیمه شب گذشته است و کنفرانس بین الافغانی برای صلح در فضای مثبت اختتام یافت.
من به اشتراک کنندگان - جامعه افغانی که ممثل نسلهای مختلف میباشد، مقامات ارشد دولتی و طالبان- ازینکه به نقاط مشترک رسیدند تبریکی عرض میدارم. pic.twitter.com/2XBn00vNyb— U.S. Special Representative Zalmay Khalilzad (@US4AfghanPeace) July 9, 2019
Yesterday, Afghan Taliban set free 40 security personnel from their custody in northern Jawzjan province.
An army spokesman Abdul Hadi Jamal said on Monday that a bunch of 40 security personnel, mostly policemen have reached Shiberghan.
This was the second group of Afghan security personnel released in Jawzjan province over the past week.
Earlier, Taliban had released 42 Afghan security personnel one week ago after capturing Qush Tepa district in Jawzjan province.
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Balochistan doctors allowed to carry out private practice in ...05:23 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- LNG for Pakistan: Islamabad to host int'l conference on 31st05:01 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019