Shaniera Akram continues to raise concern about the medical waste landing on Seaview
KARACHI- Another day, another environment crisis shared by Shaniera Akram at Sea View,Karachi.
It's been two months since Shaniera Akram shared alarming pictures of biohazardous waste which had washed up on Karachi’s Clifton beach. She declared a “state of emergency” to shed light on the issue but that wasn't the end of it.
View this post on Instagram
On behalf of all the citizens in Karachi, I Shaniera Akram declare Clifton beach in the state of emergency. There is Kilometres of medical waste, including open syringes, viles of blood, broken glass medical containers, that has come in from the ocean spread out over kilometres across the beach. Our beach is biohazard zone and needs to be shut down immediately. I am so sorry to the people including myself who use and love our beach but this is beyond safe. #CliftonBeachStateOfEmergency #ImmediateShutDown #Extremelydangerous
“Our beach is a bio-hazard zone and needs to be shut down immediately. I am so sorry to the people including myself who use and love our beach but this is beyond safe,” Shaniera Tweeted previously.
Akram has been quite vocal regarding pollution and climate changes and just took to Twitter again to inform people about where all the trash is ending up.
While lauding those cleaning up the beach, Akram stated that picking up trash from the coast everyday is not very helpful in the long run and we need to come up with a proper solution.
All day every day these workers are in the hot sun cleaning up the filth that is getting washed on our shores. Our ocean is polluted and no matter how hard we work at cleaning the beach rubbish still washes in everyday. We need to fix the source instead of bandaging the problem! pic.twitter.com/qQZPfiMMKF— Shaniera Akram (@iamShaniera) November 10, 2019
"All day every day these workers are in the hot sun cleaning up the filth that is getting washed on our shores," says Shaniera. "Our ocean is polluted and no matter how hard we work at cleaning the beach rubbish still washes in everyday. We need to fix the source instead of bandaging the problem!"
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pillion riding banned in Sindh on Muharram 9, 1011:14 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020