Turkey, Russia reiterates commitment to Sochi deal on operation in Syria
According to Turkish President's Office, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin in a phone call discussed the latest situation in northeastern Syria where Turkey launched an operation last month and the withdrawal of Kurdish militants from the region.
Both leaders also discussed bilateral relations and regional developments.
Earlier, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that Turkey will not leave Syria until other countries pull out.
Speaking to reporters in Ankara, the Turkish president reiterated that Turkey will continue its cross-border offensive against Kurdish fighters until they have entirely left the region, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Turkey began its offensive in Syria after Trump announced an abrupt withdrawal of 1,000 US troops from northern Syria last month.
- Infinix grand reward for its customers to celebrate Blessed Week10:26 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019