Turkey, Russia reiterates commitment to Sochi deal on operation in Syria
According to Turkish President's Office, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin in a phone call discussed the latest situation in northeastern Syria where Turkey launched an operation last month and the withdrawal of Kurdish militants from the region.
Both leaders also discussed bilateral relations and regional developments.
Earlier, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that Turkey will not leave Syria until other countries pull out.
Speaking to reporters in Ankara, the Turkish president reiterated that Turkey will continue its cross-border offensive against Kurdish fighters until they have entirely left the region, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Turkey began its offensive in Syria after Trump announced an abrupt withdrawal of 1,000 US troops from northern Syria last month.
- A Smartphone that Brings Affordability & Reliability for Everyone – ...10:55 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019