Turkey, Russia reiterates commitment to Sochi deal on operation in Syria
According to Turkish President's Office, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin in a phone call discussed the latest situation in northeastern Syria where Turkey launched an operation last month and the withdrawal of Kurdish militants from the region.
Both leaders also discussed bilateral relations and regional developments.
Earlier, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that Turkey will not leave Syria until other countries pull out.
Speaking to reporters in Ankara, the Turkish president reiterated that Turkey will continue its cross-border offensive against Kurdish fighters until they have entirely left the region, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Turkey began its offensive in Syria after Trump announced an abrupt withdrawal of 1,000 US troops from northern Syria last month.
- Covid claims 9 more lives, infects 310 in Pakistan09:29 AM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:11 AM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 08 December 202108:42 AM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video01:05 AM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...12:35 AM | 8 Dec, 2021
- ‘Dream come true’ – Aima Baig becomes Spotify Pakistan’s most ...09:58 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal in legal trouble ahead of ‘wedding’09:42 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Asim Azhar gives a witty response to crowd chanting Hania Aamir's name06:10 PM | 7 Dec, 2021