3 Nadra officials arrested for issuing CNICs to foreigners
The officers were shifted to FIA's regional headquarter for further examination.
The accused officials had released more than three dozen Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) to outsiders, especially Afghan refugees, Dawn reported.
According to the Nadra official "Nadra officers ranking from assistant director to deputy directors were arrested from Khanozai, Dalbandin and Mai Zai Addah area of Balochistan,".
More officers are likely to be arrested in issuance of cards to foreigners, officials added.
"CNICs have been put out to foreigners after receiving heavy payments by some elements of the federal agency," said Nadra officials
FIA launched a crackdown against the components involved in issuing national identity cards to foreigners in Balochistan in the aftermath of Afghan Taliban Chief Mullah Akhtar Mansour's killing in an American drone strike this year.
- 'Dollars will rain on the ground from a helicopter...' Pakistani ...11:48 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate resolution condemns misleading Google, Wikipedia search ...11:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate passes resolution against circulation of fake currency notes ...11:09 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Winter Sports Festival concludes in Naltar; GB Scouts and PAF ...10:53 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on PM Imran in Islamabad10:35 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021