99 percent of PML-N’s senior leadership not participating in rally: Chaudhry Nisar
“Why am I only being singled out?” he asked. “I never said that I would drive Nawaz’s car to Lahore,” he added.
Chaudhry Nisar further conveyed that he himself never attributed his non-participation in the rally to health reasons or back pain.
Nisar’s spokesperson said that the media was attributing a statement to him which he had never made in the first place.
The former interior minister urged media persons to verify statements before attributing them to him on national media.
The ousted prime minister is leading a procession, along with the PML-N leaders as he heads towards his hometown, Lahore, via the Grand Trunk (GT) Road. There has been much speculation as to why his party's most senior leadership has refrained from accompanying him on the journey.
Reports had earlier suggested that Nisar has been away from the ongoing ‘homecoming’ rally of Nawaz Sharif owing to ‘back pain’.
Nisar, the former interior minister, did not see off Nawaz when he departed from Islamabad for his GT Road rally on Wednesday.
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Trailer of Salman Khan's new film Radhe is out now (Watch)08:39 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021