Kulsoom Nawaz to contest NA-120 by election
The papers will be officially filed today (Friday) by her son-in-law Captain (retd) Mohammad Safdar. She will contest the elections against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) candidate Dr Yasmin Rashid.
The last date to file the nomination papers is August 12.
Political experts say NA-120 victory is vital for PML-N in view of future politics, as the party is going to face general elections next year. In addition, it also needs public support on legal matters against the Sharifs.
According to the Election Commission of Pakistan, two candidates, Ghulam Shabbir and Mickal Fars Sarwyaa have been submitted their nomination papers with the constituency’s returning officer on Thursday, the first day of filing nomination papers.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021