Luwari tunnel to be completed till March 2017: Amir Muqam
Muqam said Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had pushed the completion of the tunnel forward to March instead of December next year.
The adviser claimed that the project would bring remarkable changes in the life of Chitral's people. The tunnel will also facilitate the transportation of local products to markets across Pakistan and abroad thereby improving the economic conditions of the people and the area, Radio Pakistan reported.
Amir Muqam said the government was also constructing Chitral-Gilgit Road, which will promote tourism in the region. He said the government was also considering the feasibility of linking Chitral with Central Asian Republics via Afghanistan.
The Rs. 27 billion project consists of two tunnels at a length of 8.6 km and 1.9 km, respectively, and four bridges.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021