Joker becomes most profitable comic book movie ever
LOS ANGELES- Warner Bros' Jokerhas become the most profitable comic book movie ever. The Joaquin Phoenix-starring thriller has been shattering the box office left and right.
According to Forbes, after just five weeks in theaters, Joker is now the most profitable comic book movie ever with a worldwide gross of $953 million on a $62.5 million production budget. And the film hasn’t even finished its theatrical run.
"In a skewed way, Joker represents every studio’s dream, in that it’s a mid-budget, 2-D title that’s pulling top-tier blockbuster business without relying on China. That it happens to be an R-rated psychological drama is a bonus of sorts," Forbes said.
Joker has been racking up records since its debut, posting the biggest opening weekendfor a film in October, and quickly surpassing Deadpoolto become the highest grossing R-rated film of all time.
There are a few more milestones that Joker could achieve. It seems highly likely that the film will cross the $1 billion threshold. And despite receiving diverse critical reception, Joaquin Phoenix is poised to potentially earn an Oscar nomination for his enthralling performance — which would put the film in rare company with films like The Dark Knight and Black Pantheras far as awards are concerned.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020